Monday, October 4, 2010

Louisiana Exhibits



This morning Brian and I dropped off my art in New Orleans.  The exhibit is running at the Crescent City Brewhouse, located in the french quarter until November 1st.  This is my first exhibit and it was exciting to see all of the terrific artwork pouring in this morning.  I'm very excited to attend the reception on Thursday.  I'm also participating in another exhibit in Abita Springs, LA.  I have a picture of all of my work framed.  I entered the pumpkins, hydrangeas, and apples into the New Orleans show and I entered the other 3 in the Abita Springs show.  Last week was a very busy just trying to get everything matted and framed.  The picture is a little deceptive, the pumpkins are huge and we barely got them into our vehicle to get them here.  It was quite the clown car coming to Louisiana, 2 kids and all their stuff, 1 very large dog, Brian and I and 6 framed artworks with our luggage.  We made it and everything was in tact the ride home should be a lot easier:)  Even though this exhibit is a ways from home I'm always happy to visit New Orleans and a stop at Cafe du Monde was a treat.



The Artists Helping Artists challenge is finally posted.  So take a look at all the entries.   Each month the theme is that month.  At the end of 12 mos we will have art for a fabulous calendar.  Pretty cool!!

Carrie

17 comments:

  1. They look beautiful Carrie! Can't wait to hear all about the reception! Good luck :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations of the exhibit, your work is fabulous. I was showing off your work and that of our friend Crystal Cook to my coworkers the other night. You should have heard the ohhs and ahhhs............... Looking forward to hearing how the exhibit went.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you both!!! Crystal it's very exciting and thanks for your motivational 911.

    Carol, That is very cool that you were showing our art off. It is amazing how far a blog can reach. I'm always amazed at the people that have seen my art. Thanks for your support, glad we're blogging buddies:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being in the two exhibits Carrie. I'm sure your paintings will be well received. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nancy! Feels good to have them at their exhibits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I predict a HUGE success - I adore your work, and think people who see it would be FOOLISH not to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kelley, that means so much coming from you:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Carrie. Your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work, Carrie. It will make for a phenomenal display!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds great! A lot of new, exciting tings to come :)
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, congratulations. I wish you luck and success. I am painting through synesthesia which makes me see colors when I hear names and numbers. These colors I transform in paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm looking forward to hear more about your exhibitions!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Carrie! I'm very excited for you. Your paintings are all wonderful and I'm sure the show will be a success...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Carrie. I know it will be a huge success. I was looking at your slide show, the painting of a courtyard reminds me of a place we stayed in London. I also saw your tube stop painting, too.

    ReplyDelete